a collection of daily paintings and drawings

Thursday, October 09, 2014

BEAUTY, PEACE, AND ORDER ramblings from an artist with a messy house


I am preparing for my open studio November 1 & 2. 
I hope you are one of those lucky ones who can make a trip to Western New York to visit the 4 studios of East Otto Country. Or, sign up for my newsletter, and I will keep you apprised.

(I am Mill Street Art Gallery)

I always have new paintings, so my list involves vacuuming, dusting, and framing. All very un-loved activities, especially framing. But, I do love a clean space and well presented art. 
It's funny, the annoying things we have to do to get the results we love. I am not one of those people who think the mundane chores of life are meditative and enjoyable. They are just a means to the end, which for me are: 
BEAUTY, PEACE, ORDER, CALMNESS. 
I wonder, if I can keep these my goals, instead of more tangible things like a vacation, a possession, or some artistic accomplishment, I can find the time and energy to do the un-loved chores.   


1 comment:

  1. Best Of LUCK!
    "Where there is a will there is a way!"

    ReplyDelete