a collection of daily paintings and drawings

Monday, November 24, 2014

ART IS ALL THAT MATTERS - Is it a blessing or a curse?


Jewels (SOLD)
watercolor  10 x 23"

I am back in New York after an week of emotional upheaval with my family in California. I love them, I love Calif., I love the sun and warmth, but thank goodness to be back in my studio. Creating is my meditation, my therapy, my prayer, my sanity. I wish I were a more complex person, but there you have it. I am my eyes and right hand, with a bit of grey matter and heart in between. Is it a blessing or a curse?

This painting is being offered in my Vintage art sale:

It's one of my favorites. Colorful, cheery, yummy; all in all, a darn nice painting.

2 comments:

  1. I just received this absolutely gorgeous watercolor. It makes my heart and soul sing whenever I see it. I have a "thing" for still life fruit and vegetables (will you be paintings any vegetables?). Your artwork really touches me in such a deep way that I feel I know you...I'm a quilter myself, so I feel a connection with women who create. Oh, and by the way, you live in NY and I grew up on Long Island, NY. Small world. I will be looking out for more of your artwork to collect. Thank you also, for the wonderful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your nice comment Lisa. I am so happy to know that my painting brings you joy. I've always loved this painting, and I'm glad it has found a new home.

    ReplyDelete