a collection of daily paintings and drawings

Friday, July 11, 2014

SUMMER WHITES watercolor flower still life painting


Summer Whites
watercolor  5 x 5"
$65

I am back in New York, frantically entering a few art competitions with looming deadlines, and finishing up some paintings for delivery to Rust Belt Books for an exhibition in August.
It is good to have deadlines or I would get nothing done, but they do seem to come in clusters, sending me into a tizzy.
This painting was done from life. It is the third version of the afternoon, trying to get the color saturation right. 


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You need to watermark your work, though. I found my work was being used by a seller on Zazzle. Found it by Google reverse image search.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carol. I do hate it when others steal my images, but watermarking is so easy to fix for one who really wants it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This painting is so beautiful because it's very subtle like the quiet shadows. Amazing work.

    ReplyDelete